Thursday, July 12, 2012

the necessary background...

Sometime a few months back my younger brother made a comment about our small two bedroom home.  It was a simple comment.  "How are things in your little hut?"  Little Hut?  I hadn't ever thought of our little home as a hut, but I liked it.  It's a charming thing to call a home a hut.

I added the "nut" part later during some conversation with my husband man because sometimes our life is a bit...well...nutty? crazy?...


I enjoyed our little nut hut.  It became my home eighteen months ago and I wouldn't have wanted to live anywhere else.  This past January we introduced an addition to our little nut hut and grew from being 2 to being 3....Her name Mia....She's a St Bernard, Heeler, Spaniel mix who we adopted from a local humane society.  I quickly became quite attached.  Who wouldn't?

                                             

Yeah, that's me and my baby pup!  She has leveled off at 40 lbs and is a pure joy to live with!

Anyways, I am a teacher and for five months (January - June) I was blessed with a 5th grade classroom :)  It was fantastic.  I found my passion and reason for living in those kiddos.  Eighteen kids and many ups and downs later I am heartbroken to be leaving them.  There will never be a group like them....I may love other groups as much, but this group was special.  They were my first class.  I finished teaching on June 8th.  On June 11th I started working at a summer day camp.  Upon returning home from day 1 of summer camp, husband man walked in from work also and said "Do you want to move?  I was offered the job in XXXXXXXX."  NO WAY!

The next three weeks were a pure blur.  I remember moments.  I remember emotions I felt.  I remember the ups and downs, but they went by quickly.  I quit my summer job.  I saw my kiddos one more time (though they don't know I'm gone...) and began to slowly pack the small nut hut.

No comments:

Post a Comment