Thursday, July 19, 2012

um....not the one...

Yeah, we're not buying that one :(  It wasn't that the home inspection was horrible or even awful.  We did find out that the electrical was still fuses (I guess that's an old system?!) and we would need to rewire the entire two story home....but husband man said that is something we could consider writing into the final contract.

I backed out.  I backed out of buying a house whose kitchen I could build from scratch.  I spent three hours walking through it.  Living room, dining room, kitchen, all the bedrooms.  Up and down; back and forth. I didn't love it like I thought I would I guess.  When I started to picture furniture in the living room and the bookshelves I wanted to build in the dining room....they all seemed small.  We would have to give up our cloud chair for this living room.

You may not know how dear my cloud chair is to me.  It's mine.  I love it.  I sleep in it.  I play on my iPad in it.  It's the only piece of furniture I'm currently missing while living in our temporary motel home.

Back to square one....a large list of new homes sent to our Realtor.  Maybe next week will be the lucky week.  There are some pretty homes on this new list.

I don't even know what I really want.  I think I'm just going to have to pick one.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment