Wednesday, August 1, 2012

a second viewing...

Thursday evening.  *crossing fingers* We're taking a second walk through the house I posted a few photos of last week.  We're pretty sure this is going to be the new nut hut....or soon to be known as "the bigger nut hut". :)  The more I think of the home and the paint colors I would choose....the more excited I am to get this process rolling.

We're praying for quick paper work and a willing seller :) Husband man said we can buy the dining room table....I'm terribly excited about that!! It's a beautiful table with big brown cushioned chairs :)

My goals for the house...hopefully in this order will be:

-make a delicious meal...including chocolate chip cookies....it will be so nice to have a full kitchen an all appliances :)
-paint the shelves in the dining room so my photographs and books have a home ASAP
-paint the smaller bedroom gray and set up a "guest room" so family & friends can visit us ASAP
-attempt to remove the wallpaper and choose a soothing color for our master bedroom...maybe browns?
-stain the raw wood trim in the kitchen a darker brown/reddish color to accent and create a color palette.

I spent two days in our little nut hut, that we are moving from, attempting to pack it up.  It's not a lot of fun really.  Well, I suppose if I were more like my husband or younger sister, it would be easier to pack.  Grab a box, through it in, tape, label "MISC" on all.  However, I can't even function a little bit with that kind of packing.  Never have, probably never will.  I have between 60% and 70% of our stuff boxed...neatly, organized, and labeled....not only what is in the box, but where the box should be set in the new home, and if I found the box to be a bit heavy, it's labeled HEAVY! haha I figure if I can lift it, anyone who would happen to help us (most of which will probably be men who are stronger than I) will be able to lift it.  I'm certain my brother will pick up a box and say "Meghan, why is this one labeled "HEAVY!" and I'll laugh and say "Cause it was for me!" haha

I have decided that if I never move again in my life I shall die a happy person.  But if somewhere down the line God says "get up and go"....I'm calling my sister and husband man and going away for a few days.  They can box it all up next time :)

Here's to the numerous boxes, yards of tape, "thank goodness I love sharpies", and the moving vehicle we're sure to rent....I'm ready to start counting down to moving day...and going to the store to choose paint colors :)

Happy Wednesday bloggy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment