Monday, August 13, 2012

OOOO Guess what?!

Thursday came and we went with our realtor to visit three homes....two we had seen before, one was a new one.  We had high hopes for the new one; judging by the photos online it looked like a decent outside with an inside that needed a little love and fixing up.

Little didn't come close to describing the amount of love this new house will need.  It appears as though someone wanted to flip it; and they started to.  They had made some progress but then apparently got terribly mad and took foot & fist to walls and nice work causing much damage.  Plus there was one room that was painted a bright blue floor to ceiling.  It needed more love than the two of us have to put into the home.

So guess what?!  Friday we put an offer in on the house I've been praying for since the first day we went house hunting.  It was the second house we walked through....I loved it then and I love it now.  It's a big house with bedrooms to grow into.  It has a living room with a pretty bay window and that beautiful dark trim that only comes with a 1926 home.  There is a dining room and a cute little sun room that I know will become my favorite little hiding place :)  The kitchen has more than twice the cabinet and counter space than our current home.  There is a half bath downstairs and a normal size full bath upstairs.  There is a laundry room/mud room which has an entrance to the backyard (perfect for a muddy or wet dog!).  The basement stays dry and husband said he could put a work bench and his tools down there and they wouldn't be ruined.  It's tall enough for us to stand up and walk in....though probably not my 6foot + brother....but he won't be in our basement much anyways!!  The main floor has tall ceilings (BEAUTIFUL!) and the upstairs ceilings are of normal height.....not low like many of the houses we have seen.

We spent the weekend negotiating the price and came to an agreement Sunday evening.  I don't know if I have slept as well in the last 5 weeks as I did last night.  It's a wonderful relief and a great way to go into week 6....there is light at the end of this "temporary housing" tunnel.  My husband man seems satisfied with the price we'll be paying and just keeps reminding me that we need to wait on a good home inspection report.

I don't think he believes me when I say I know everything will be fine :)  God showed me this home weeks ago and it just took us forever to come full circle back to it.  Husband man will be able to sleep soundly knowing we walked through every (and I do mean EVERY) other option....knowing we made a good choice......

So, dear bloggy world readers, we are one home inspection and a load of bank paper work away from moving into a beautiful home in a wonderful old town.  It will put us 2.5 hours away from his parents and just under an hour from mine.  It's not perfectly in the middle of the two, but both are only a days drive away and we'll be able to see both families often.

I spent the weekend thanking God for bringing husband man around to considering this house; asking Him to let the home inspection go well; and apologizing for whining a few weeks back.  I figure He probably laughed at me and again said 'Child, when will you learn to just trust me?"

The other exciting part.....last Monday three elementary teaching positions were posted on the school district's website that we'll be moving into.  I applied on Tuesday and I received an email today saying my application was received and is in the review process....I'm crossing my fingers for this one now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment