Wednesday, August 8, 2012

the roller coaster...

There are two things you sweet bloggy people should know about me.

1-I despise roller coasters. I don't like riding them, I'm terrified at watching people I love ride them (seriously! what if they fly off right in front of me!) and I canNOT stand the feeling of a dropping stomach.  UGH!  Nothing about that is enjoyable to me.  I fully respect people (like my husband man) who enjoy them as they were created to be enjoyed.  I appreciate the fact that not everyone has an anxiety attack at the thought of getting on one, but this chick prefers to keep her feet on the ground and be the "can you hold this bag" lady :)

2-I am a terribly emotional person.  So much of my life feels like a roller coaster.  Some days I appreciate my "emotionalness" other days I do crave a switch that would allow me to turn it off and be semi-logical about such things.  Maybe that is why the good Lord brought a man that is a logical as I am emotional into my life and said "marry him".  Hmmmm....there's a thought!

So we are half way through week 5 of our "temporary home" situation.  I have become a bit stir crazy I will admit.  Thank goodness for a second car and a nice library with reliable internet service :)  At least I get a little bit of the outside world.  My mama, mama-in-law, sisters, and best friend have been constant phone companions :)  Thankfully they enjoy talking (or at least they pretend to for my sake) and have been willing to take on my emotionalness so that I can appear somewhat level headed for my husband man when he comes home.

School starts in a few short weeks and hopefully someone will need a substitute teacher!

We have one house to look at tonight.  A ranch style whose carpets are currently the beautiful shade of 1960s green....haha I know right?  I think husband man is hoping this turns out well....I was too until last night's conversation.

He asked me to list the houses in the order I would live in them....my favorite being first.  I had given up on my "ah it's the one" house after the third time I brought it up and him saying "M....really?  There's this and this and this and this".  But it still ranked number 2 on my list last night.  I told him I'd never fully give up on it.  I'll make a home anywhere we choose to live, but until that last paper is signed and someone hands me a new key to unlock our bigger nut hut, I will always choose this house......

Well, last night....rather out of the blue...it topped his list....pending the house we're looking at tonight, and the one new one we are looking at tomorrow....and as long as the home inspection comes back okay...

Oh my word!! I think I almost cried.  Except that I made him repeat it....then I sat and stared at him.  Really?  You're still thinking about that one?  "Yes kind of" was his simply logical reply.  So I calmly began telling him how joyful I was that it's still on our list.  Giddy almost really.  I told him of the dream I had about bringing a baby home to that house and knowing it was supposed to be ours.

"But M, why for this price has it been there so long?" and to this I said "Because it's waiting for us and we're taking our good ol time getting to it."

We have made no commitments to any house at this point.  And if you asked me to honestly tell you if I thought we would really buy this house....I don't know that he'll really want to.  But it's still on our list, and we're going to see it again tomorrow night (for the 3rd time!!!!!) and there is a very large part of my heart that is simply saying "God, did you show me that in hopes that I would wade through all these other homes only to come back to this and be so grateful for it?  Please?????"

No matter how it ends, for a few moments last night I felt as though my desires, and wants, and pleading hadn't been fully ignored.  They weren't being overlooked by my husband.  He was listening....he just thought it best to wait 4 weeks to show me.

Would you pray that this beautiful home is the one we get to move into??  And if it's not supposed to be that one, that we would find the one we are to move into soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment